Job Description Facility:
ARIZONA STATE PRISON - PHOENIX WESTCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
This position participates in the implementation and evaluation of the detainees/inmates' health care needs and provides comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining the requirements of security. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under an RN's direction, develops nursing care plans on detainees/inmates.
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system, if permitted by the client. Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in administering medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while administering medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 556643484Posted: 2020-05-21