L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Jobe Title: Assembler OMB - Grade5Job Code: UnionJob Location: Northampton, MAJob Description:
Effectively assemble optical & mechanical units to deliver output that is aligned with company quality, delivery and cost goals in order to meet customer expectations and contractual requirements. Successfully apply optical & mechanical assembly best practices with company tools and processes in order to produce a high quality output which positively impacts the company's business results. Common Essential Duties:
- Translate blueprint instructions, operation sheets and computerized directions into specificbuilding requirements and action.
- Assemble optical and mechanical units to required tolerances and requirements.
- Conduct hydraulic & pneumatic pressure tests and vacuum & dew point tests to determine integrity of pressure boundaries and establish acceptable dew points.
- Properly set up and operate machining equipment including drill press, bench lathe, engraving machine and milling machine.
- Conduct complex cleaning duties directly related to output quality.
- Comply with KEO rules and requirements including 5S responsibilities applicable to the cleaning, operation and maintenance of all equipment and areas including personal working area and common area, ensuring the safety of oneself and others.
- Comply with the company rules and requirements regarding the proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and quality safety processes designed to protect all associates working within or near the assembly floor.
- Correctly operate various types of cranes (Jib, side-pull, overhead.) to carefully move material and products through assembly and test phases of manufacture. Lifts considered critical such as the installation of a D&C to the mast and the subsequent installation into the tower will be performed by Grade 7.
- Perform general housekeeping activities.
- Identify and follow all production processes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Work to a tolerance of 15 seconds on optical parts and .001 mechanical.
- Set up and operate engraving machines, drill press, milling machine and bench lathe to a tolerance of .002.
- Responsible for own work including set up.
- Distinguish quality defects and bring to the attention of supervisor or group leader.
- Final clean the more complicated assemblies or instruments.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Completed vocational track in mechanical assembly or applicable track.
- 1+ years experience in general mechanical assembly or auto mechanic assembly.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, operation data sheets and computerized instructions.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.