L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The individual will plan, lay out, and set-up rather complex apparatus' to perform a variety of operations on production and/or new products with minimum supervision. Process includes following laboratory methods, procedures, standards, and sequences. Assist various departments with testing parameters, mechanical configurations, and evaluations of products. Experience, with proper use of laboratory equipment.RESPONSIBILITES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Setup/break down complex apparatus
- Install instrumentation required to control and measure test parameters
- Review / understand appropriate procedures for test/assembly requirements and escalation of unresolved issues
- Collaborate with Laboratory Management and Quality Engineering for all products not meeting / failing requirements
- Perform routine analyses to verify accuracy and completeness of data.
- Ensure proper documenting and or report failures
- Assist in implementing a variety of tools, jigs and fixtures that will assist in increasing efficiency
- Perform area cleanup & housekeeping operations to maintain a professional work environment (6S discipline).
- Observe and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties of comparable complexity as directed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers.
- Must be hands-on with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Exhibit a high attention to detail in testing, procedures and work
- Exercise good judgement with respect to problem solving / trouble shooting and decision making
- Work closely with management and senior technical personnel for continuous process improvement
- Work independently and within a dynamic team environment
- Familiarity with DoD industrial MIL-STD methods
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 0-3 years related experience required
- Have the ability to obtain Security Clearance level, if needed
- Results oriented, working in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, preferred
- Prolonged sitting at a work station and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to a minimum of 25 pounds at times
- Prolonged standing up to 9 hours per day possible
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.