Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation. Job Description
Shift work is required to support 24x7 operations. It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Systems Engineers perform tier three systems support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government's software and hardware, Systems Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills. The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users also is essential. Systems Engineers must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement. Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests are required. This position will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews. Systems Engineers require extensive knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Because of the broad range of demands Systems Engineers must have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred. Typical duties include:
Qualifications :Required Clearance:
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components
- Performing installation, maintenance, optimization, and support of system software and hardware
- Performing end-user support requiring System Engineer Subject Matter Expertise support
- Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Engineer and lead the enterprise virtual infrastructure and system software components
- Providing support and technical expertise in Directory Services technology, including DNS, GPO, ADFS, DFS, Domains and Trust, Sites and Services and Role Based Access Control
- Performing high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery, as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
- Working as a strong team contributor and providing technical expertise.
- Staying abreast of emerging trends in information technology and helping shape the work for the Government.
- Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions.
- Engineer host environments to support complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer requirements
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- At least eight years of related experience.
- Ability to focus on engineering from a performance optimization perspective.
- Expertise in a systems or application programming language (e.g., Java, C++).
- Knowledge of data structures and relational database systems relevant to candidates work area (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGres).
- Working knowledge of network and information exchange technologies (e.g., TCP/IP, RESTful, SOAP, HTTP).
- Expertise with system engineering processes and techniques.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Bachelor's Degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- MCSE related to candidate's work area OR
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) OR
- Microsoft Certified Expert related to candidate's work area OR
- Nutanix Certified Advanced Professional OR
- Microsoft 365 Certified Enterprise Administration Expert
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
Equipment and Machines
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- Shift Work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work varying shifts
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
Other Essential Functions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Posting ID: 556643527Posted: 2020-05-21