Job Description Facility:
SOUTH MOUNTAIN YOUTH CENTERCompensation Base:
$15.50 per hourCompensation Bonus (if applicable):
$15.50 per hour Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services. Summary
This position assists teachers in helping students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates daily educational progress notes and assessments on assigned student caseload.
- Supports the Comprehensive Educational Plan as developed and manages a Title I educational caseload, setting short-term goals for caseload and assists students in meeting their treatment goals.
- Remediates individual student skill deficits under teacher or supervisor's direction.
- Provides tutoring in General Education Diploma (GED) and Nova Net program for identified students before classes, as well as after classes at the end of the school day.
- Conducts afternoon Homeroom
- Evaluates students' progress and performance.
- Role models and teaches effective supervision and management of clients, interacts meaningfully with clients, and observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Assures and monitors student location and movement.
- Communicates effectively such as using various communication systems effectively, maintains regular communication with employees, peers, and supervisors, and provides constructive feedback to employees, peers, and supervisors.
- Implements and mentors employees regarding the company's policies on professional expectations, code of conduct and other practices and procedures, serves as a role model for clients and employees and supports the company's mission, goals and objectives.
- Maintains Safety & Security of Clients & Facility.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Associate's degree or sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience in developing, managing, or supervising student tutorial programs and/or prior tutorial and assessment experience as a math or language arts classroom support, preferred.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
Posting ID: 556643587Posted: 2020-05-21