Job Description ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that will feature 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor will include a six-acre park along the water that will feature a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
The Encore Boston Harbor Director of Procurement
will be accountable for all aspects of the Purchasing Department, responsible for overseeing procurement of all materials, services, and equipment required for successful resort operation. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to; setting department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; identifying and maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
The Director of Purchasing will ensure contracts and/or purchase orders are issued at the lowest total cost and highest quality and will ensure all other, non-financial, contract terms fully protect the assets and interests of Encore. Responsible for ensuring that contract terms and conditions related to procurement team transactions are thoroughly negotiated and have the required inputs and approvals of all stakeholders. Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied:
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Establishes and implements short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports. Ensures the integrity of all purchasing department specifics produced by team members under his/her span of control.
- Monitors all procurement related activities to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls are met and enforced.
- Creates and administers departmental operating budget and financial controls. Responsible for financial planning, forecast and internal and external procurement-related reporting.
- Fully protects the assets and interests of all Encore enterprises by ensuring that all third party commitments and agreements are thoroughly negotiated across all terms, including both financial and legal.
- Oversee development of requirements, specifications, RFP documents, and deal targets. Ensure maximum negotiating leverage.
- Oversee coordination of contract drafts and negotiations externally with suppliers, and internally with Legal, Risk, Finance, and other internal stakeholders. Ensure that all contract terms and conditions are thoroughly negotiated and have the required inputs and approvals of all stakeholders.
- Oversee internal collaboration with team and stakeholders to determine the awarded partner on the basis of cost, quality, terms, fit for purpose, and partner's ability to support resort operation.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Oversee team engagement in supplier relationships beyond contract signing by providing ongoing oversight of their agreements including notices, terminations, requested amendments, changes in scope, and/or ongoing review meetings to ensure services continually meet terms of the agreement.
- Oversees all hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback at all levels. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments relative to available resources for procurement; makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Lead a team of subject-matter-experts who are continually current on lead-times, price trends, technological developments, market shifts, critical suppliers' financial conditions, and alternative supplier sources within their areas of responsibility.
- Ensure staff adherence and transparency at all times with good business practices, audit requirements, and all Encore policies.
- As an ambassador of the Encore brand, must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all suppliers, with all Encore employees and contractors, and in all interactions within the surrounding communities.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.AGE and LICENSING:
21 years of age or above
Will be required to obtain and maintain a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor's degree in business administration or supply chain or related field, or a law degree plus fifteen or more years of related work experience in a larger Procurement Department is required. Experience negotiating complex long-term contracts is required.LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to fluently read and speak English, analyze, and interpret documents, such as business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, market reports, or governmental regulations. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS & REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze supplier financial proposals to forecast, model, and succinctly present to senior management potential costs, cost savings, and alternate scenarios to consider.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least twenty-five (25) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with guests in a professional manner.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.