Job Description ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk. Supervisory Requirements
: No direct staff.Position Summary
- Scope: Coordinate and negotiate the purchase of materials, services and equipment. Ensure purchase orders are issued at the lowest total cost and, in addition, ensure all other (non-financial) terms fully protect the assets and interests of Wynn MA, LLC (Encore).
- Experience: A bachelor's degree in business administration or supply chain, plus five or more years of related work experience in the hospitality or gaming industries in a larger Procurement Department is required. Experience negotiating contracts is a plus.
- Negotiate terms with suppliers for the purchase of all operational products (hotel, gaming, Facilities, IT, and marketing) in support of our hotel, casino, and offices. Coordinate internally as needed with Legal, Finance, and internal stakeholders.
- Fully protect the assets and interests of all Encore enterprises by ensuring that all third party commitments and agreements are thoroughly negotiated across all terms, including both financial and legal.
- Collect requirements and specifications and develop RFP documents for assigned commodities. Ensure maximum negotiating leverage by first consolidating internal requirements across all business functions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the awarded supplier on the basis of cost, quality, terms, fit for purpose, and supplier's ability to support our operation. Finalize all terms and secure final internal approvals (including budgetary) prior to issuing purchase order or entering into binding agreements.
- Lead ongoing supplier review meetings as needed to ensure that supplier services continually meet the terms of the agreement.
- For assigned commodities, continually be viewed as a subject-matter-expert. Be current on lead-times, price trends, technological developments, market shifts, and our critical suppliers' financial conditions.
- Continually investigate alternative suppliers and new products/services with the objective of improving quality, price, delivery and dependability. Recommend potential opportunities as they emerge.
- Maintain detailed records to substantiate to auditors and management whenever prompted that all purchase awards have been made in accordance with good business practices and all Encore policies.
- Work with Warehouse, Accounts Payable, and suppliers to ensure delivery and invoice accuracy.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or supply chain.
- Five or more years of related work experience in a large-sized Procurement department.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with an integrated ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday, or BirchStreet is highly desirable.
- Ability to read English and analyze business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, market reports, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to analyze supplier financial proposals to forecast, model and present potential costs and cost savings.
- As an ambassador of the Encore brand, must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all suppliers, with all Encore employees and contractors, and in all interactions within the surrounding communities.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Posting ID: 556643635Posted: 2020-05-21