Job Description Facility:
CENTRAL VALLEY ICE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Develops, manages, and implements operational procedures and policies for the business and support services functions of the facility. This includes establishing and maintaining accounting procedures, fiscal reporting methods, procedures for payment of invoices and other related activities. Additional support services function may include: payroll, purchasing, communications, food services, warehouse, commissary, inventory property control, laundry, information technology and insurance.
Job Requirements Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and monitors annual budget and advises management of budget status.
- Directs the work of other employees. This would include selection, hiring, evaluating performance, employee training and development, promoting and disciplinary actions.
- Directs the recording and control procedures involving the processing and reconciling of accounts.
- Participates in overall facility planning activities.
- Prepares and approves billing documents and submits invoices for payment.
- Reviews and approves all financial and accounting records, transactions, and functions of the facility and inmates.
- Provides for receiving, storing, and accountability of supplies, services and equipment.
- Maintains census figures, meals served, man-day figures and other pertinent data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field such as Business, Finance or Accounting required and a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a finance-related role required with budget preparation and administration of government contracts preferred, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education. (Master's degree in business or public administration can substitute for one year of the required supervisory experience.)
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must exhibit leadership and the ability and desire to work in a cooperative manner and to make management decisions.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
Posting ID: 556643639Posted: 2020-05-21