Job Description Facility:
Central Valley ICE Processing CenterCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
This position manages the functions and staff responsible for the recreation, classification, education, volunteer and library area Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and directs Classification, Intake, Recreation and Library activities in accordance with applicable standards, policies, procedures, and contractual terms.
- Supervises the classification, recreation, and library officers in conjunction with Watch Commanders and Captain.
- Reviews all files relative to hearing disposition reports.
- Reviews the integrity of all files, reports, documents, and papers associated with classification.
- Assists in developing, reviewing and revising facility policies that apply to this position.
- Completes and submits annual budgets.
- Establishes future goals and objectives for the programs department.
- Coordinates and supervises the facility religious volunteer program.
- Maintains and updates detainee handbook on an annual basis.
- Completes monthly reports as required.
- Recruits volunteers from the outside (must pass background check).
- Retains and updates all volunteer files on an annual basis.
- Conducts IDP hearings on detainees.
- Maintains detainee grievances and corresponding log.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. Experience in a correctional security and rehabilitative programs. Five (5) years of experience in a correctional education program preferred of which at least three (3) years is in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, procedures, correctional laws, applicable court orders and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Skill in interpretation of policies and procedures and appropriate application to work situations.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 556643647Posted: 2020-05-21