Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
The Project Field Safety Coordinator position monitors daily work practices utilized by Jacobs and/or contractors/subcontractors. Confers with superintendents and craft supervisors on HSE matters requiring conformance with Jacobs, client, and governmental requirements. Reviews these practices with immediate supervisor and recommends corrective action.
- Stops work in imminent danger situations or conditions having imminent adverse environmental impact. Recommends to supervisor that Notices of Non-Compliance be issued, follows up to ensure corrective actions, as stipulated and approved by the supervisor, are implemented.
- Assists, as assigned, in accident investigations, regulatory compliance audits, project health surveys, and insurance audits. Prepares reports and takes photographs as required.
- Prepares for approval by the supervisor, project environmental, safety, health, and fire reports as required.
- Attends meetings to communicate HSE program issues. Reports results of these meetings to supervisor.
- Monitors project compliance with project site specific safety plans.
- Executes all other HSE duties as assigned by HSE management.
- Working Knowledge of:
- Signs, Signals and Warnings
- Hazard Recognition, Evaluation & Control
- General Safety & Health Complianc
- Knowledge of Safety Rules and Regulations, Client & Company Policy.
- Reading, Writing and Hearing for giving and receiving directions to perform work and/or safety policy.
- Knowledge and understanding or MSDS sheets.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/supervisor and craft workers
- Be able to conduct auditing of job sites and producing daily reports
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Safety & Health is preferred
- 3-5 years of construction related experience primarily focused on Industrial Construction in an operating facility.
- Must possess or be working on completing Professional Certifications, CHST, ASP, CSP, CIH, IH
- Demonstrated strong analytical and the ability to problem solving skills, with a high degree of integrity and strong work ethic.
- Must be articulate in writing reports and or correspondence as it relates to the program
- Steel Erection and Crane experience preferred
- OSHA 30-Hour certification in Construction
- OSHA 500 Train-the-Trainer in Construction is preferred but if not, will be put through training
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED qualified
- Computer savvy in the latest computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be available to work nights/weekends and or holidays if need arises or work schedule changes
- Must possess demonstrated and effective management skills including strong organizational skills and the ability to keep accurate documentation
- Ability to perform trend analysis, root cause analysis, implement corrective actions and risk reduction analysis using a variety of techniques.
- Ability to conduct safety review/comment on drawings (schematics, prints, as built, floor plans, construction, utility layouts) and specifications.
- Ability to review/comment on project/site specific health and safety plans and design documents and specifications
- Ability to read drawings and or schematics
- Ability to stand for long durations with the ability to lift 25+ LBS, and work in all types of weather
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 556643659Posted: 2020-05-21