Job Description Facility:
NORTH LAKE CORRECTIONAL FACILITYCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Conducts institutional disciplinary hearings and imposes appropriate sanctions for inmate misconduct incidents following pre-established rules and guidelines. Prepares reports with recommendations to the Unit Disciplinary Committee (UDC) or facility management. In addition, performs correctional duties. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts disciplinary hearings on acts of misconduct referred by the UDC or facility management.
- Conducts administrative fact-finding hearings including acts which could result in criminal charges.
- Reviews disciplinary reports; makes decisions regarding witnesses; takes and records testimonies; obtains, reviews, and evaluates evidence; determines whether submitted evidence supports allegations of misconduct.
- Follows pre-established rules and guidelines to impose disciplinary sanctions.
- Composes written reports of findings.
- Assists in training institution staff in matters of inmate discipline.
- Conducts other "due process" hearings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Three (3) years experience in correctional administration and operations.
- Ability to analyze data and information and prepare professional reports from same.
- Specialized training and certification in the review and analysis of administrative rules, court procedures and decisions, quasi-criminal procedures and conduct of hearings.
- Specific knowledge and experience in the following disciplines are preferred:
- Custody and supervision of inmates.
- Correctional emergency procedures.
- Use of force.
- Inmate disciplinary procedures.
- Incident reporting.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 556643670Posted: 2020-05-21