L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Material Handler
We are currently seeking a Material Handler
for our Anaheim, CA
You will demonstrate success by:
- Loading, unloading, and moving materials within or near plant, yard, or work site under moderate supervision.
- Un-crating and validating received items and performs Receiving Inspection.
- Verifying and crating items to be shipped.
- Performing simple to complex manual, clerical and computer data entry duties in the stockroom areas such as receiving, storing and disbursement of materials.
- Maintaining accurate inventory.
- Organizing and maintaining the stockroom per Contract requirements.
- Reading work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Loading and unloading heavy materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves, by hand or with power hoist.
- Operating industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Securing, lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Moving or transporting materials from Receiving, Stockroom, or Production work site to designated area.
- Counting, sorting, or weighing and verifying the receipt of incoming material items.
- Opening received containers and checks against paperwork validating quantity, part number and description.
- Performing Receiving Inspection, and completes a Customer Return Material Receiving (CRMR) form.
- Attaching identifying tags or labels to received materials, or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Arranging storing of received materials in a neat and orderly manner onto shelves, racks or specified floor locations.
- Determine item identification and stock location. Stores items in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number.
- Assembling crates that are used to hold, contain, and ship various electronic assemblies.
- Accurately receives and issues parts. Pulls kits and issues back orders. Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Performing data entry on computer. Maintains computerized inventory records and documents all discrepancies and helps with complex part research.
- Preparing periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock. Makes inventory adjustments as necessary.
- Maintaining a neat and clean stockroom.
- Help develop and train stockroom clerk B.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma OR GED required
- One (1) year related experience and/or training
- Basic manual and finger dexterity.
- Should be proficient with the use of hand tools.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.