L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Join the L3 Brashear team as an Assembly Test Technician. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on various electro-optical sensor systems. Successful candidates will be responsible for test, repair and assembly of these EO Sensor Systems.
- Perform incoming functional test procedures
- Troubleshoot,repair systems by replacing faulty components / assemblies
- Installsoftware and firmware in accordance with instructions
- Performpost-maintenance test procedures per guidelines
- Workto contractual deadlines to meet customer delivery dates
- Workindependently and with a team
- Preparerequired service documentation in a timely fashion
- Attendoff site training courses / OJT / self-study as required to maintain competency with serviced units and to comply with company policies andprocedures
- Interfacewith internal and external customers
- Provideregular status reports on work in progress
- PerformField Service Representative duties as assigned
- Leadother employees as assigned
- The use of safety equipment (PPE) is required in designated areas
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Accessand utilize web based technical publications
- Shift work as required
- Weekend work as required
- Overtime as required
- Established ESD, FOD and Lasers proceduresmust be followed
- Collimator lab use is required
- Maintain assigned tools and test equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experienceKnowledge of infrared/optical/laser systems a plus
- Experience with military equipment repair aplus
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Able to work independently
- Passion for craftsmanship
- Strong work ethic
- Strong Electro-Mechanical background
- Familiar with troubleshooting techniques and the ability to read technical drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Capable of demonstrating workmanship skills to the required quality standards
- Ability to work hands-on in the test and repair of equipment
- Experience with using various test equipment
- Strong professional customer relations skills
- Previous experience working in a digital workenvironment, accessing and entering service related data and information
- Excellent interpersonal and communicationskills
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Must be able to lift 50 lb.
- Fine motor dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Concentrated mental/visual demand
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.