L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Test Technician LeadJob Code: IMS20202404-44813Job Location: Gardena, CA Job Description:
This position will assist the Manager Manufacturing Support in directing the electronic testing of final systems and sub-level assemblies by lower level test technicians. The role will instruct employees in performance of tests, coordinate workflow, and process departmental paperwork. This position will personally conduct tests as time allows, and fills in for Test Supervisor as required.Essential Functions:
- Coordinate workload and change priorities based on management direction.
- Instruct new/or reassigned employees on their work duties.
- Interface with inspection personnel.
- Ensure quality requirements are met.
- Communicate with individual employees regarding problems, performance, training, etc and handle paperwork as assigned by supervisor.
- Generate test procedures for new products or test improvements.
- Test final assemblies in normal test process. Power conversion test equipment.
- Document test results and verify data for accuracy.
- Generate material discrepancy reports and failure analysis reports.
- Ensure acceptance testing is accomplished with calibrated equipment.
- Ensure test equipment is turned in for calibration in accordance with recall schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Preferred Additional Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience; or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree or equivalent military trade school with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Must be able to read and understand Engineering Orders, Quality procedures, Test procedures, operating instructions, drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
- Must be able to work well with interdepartmental personnel.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Able to work around high voltage as in 700VDC, 480VAC, current in excess of 6000 Amps & Power > 200KW.
- Technical writing skills is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and familiarity with MIL-Q-9858 and ISO 9000 is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.