L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Key Responsibilities:
The Senior Specialist, Program Finance will be responsible for program financial reporting and supporting the division's planning, budgeting and cost/ schedule performance measurement process on government and/or commercial programs. Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget for large and/or complex programs. Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis. Conducts detailed financial analysis. Interprets and implements most proposal estimating, pricing and documentation requirements. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors program adherence to approved budget.
- Develop, maintain and analyze structures, baselines, forecasts, and actuals including variance/trend analysis and corrective action using Deltek Cobra.
- Based upon knowledge of project performance, assist in the development of forecasts (formal Estimates at Complete) on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Prepare program related financial information for incorporation into monthly Program Management Review packages.
- Assess program progress against established plans and parameters. Performs consolidation and analysis for developing monthly forecasts and reporting of program related financial metrics for the business.
- Establish a business relationship with Program/Project Manager(s) (to include Division management if applicable). Proactively engage the program manager and other key managers to facilitate mitigation of program performance issues.
- Provide financial guidance and support to facilitate the accurate set-up, performance and reporting of projects. This will include providing guidance and roll-up data for weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly data-calls.
- Support the monthly close process, to ensure timely and accurate project reporting.
EVMS experience desired but not required. Location Lafayette
- BS in Business, Finance or related field and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience in a DoD or Commercial environment ORa Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant DoD and/or Commercialexperience.
- Attention to detail and strong reconciliation skills a must.
- Ability to work in a face paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office to include advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of MS Project Professional
- Knowledge of Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD), and Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
- US citizenship is required. You must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance. Possession of a current clearance is highly desirable.
- Deltek Cobra experience is a strong plus
- Deltek Costpoint experience is a strong plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.