L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Description
The Project Engineer serves as an integral part of our fast-paced growing environment by leading multi-disciplined engineering teams in the proposal, design, development and delivery of superior technical solutions. S/he serves as the key interface between Engineering and the Program Manager while leading the Engineering effort on each Program. The Project Engineer is a key decision maker, leader, mentor and motivator to his/her engineering team responsible for ensuring all technical performance, cost and schedule goals on the program are being met.
Additional and Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing technical direction in the use of Systems Development methodologies and processes (uses SEI CMMI and/or ISO 9001/AS 9100 compliant processes to execute assigned tasks)
- Leading and participating in Technical and Cost Proposal development
- Acting as an advisor to top management and customers on advanced technical studies and applications
- Using metrics, earned value, and other techniques to measure and control system development efforts and recommending organizational process improvements
- Interfacing with other activities as required to direct and perform tasks
- Ensuring system architecture and related documentation is developed according to project standards
- Estimating personal and team efforts for assigned tasks
- Identifying and managing program technical risks
- Establishing schedule, resource, budget, and tool requirements for tasks
- Assessing the impact of modification requests
- Ensuring that C5S Engineering processes are followed on assigned projects
The successful candidate(s) will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree (System, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering), Mathematics, Computer Science; a technical Master's degree (i.e., MSEE, MSCS, MSSE, etc.) is highly desired
- Minimum 10 years engineering development experience; inclusive of 2 years of leadership experience
- Experience and knowledge in developing, proposing, managing, implementing, and testing products and system solutions in one or both of the areas identified below:
- Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) for maritime and land based interior and exterior communications systems; or
- Cyber defense, Cyber exploitation, Information Assurance or Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) systems
- Recent experience and direct participation in technical and cost proposal development
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government clearance. Secret (or higher level) security clearance is highly desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.