L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr. Spec, Technical WritingJob Code: IMS20202404-44817Job Location: Greenville, TexasJob Description:
Technical Editor/Writer responsibilities include, but not limited to, generating content for flight and/or maintenance manuals for airborne and/or ground based mission systems within a structured authoring environment (S1000D, Structured FrameMaker, Non-S1000D XML). The position is also required to develop operational procedures, theory of operations, troubleshooting, fault isolation procedures, test, and repair procedures.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 7 or more years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Technical publication authoring experience within structured authoring environments (S1000D, Non-S1000D XML, SGML, and/or Structured FrameMaker).
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Prior experience either authoring, setting up, and/or managing technical publications in a S1000D/XML/Structured FrameMaker environment for Air Force, Army, or Navy programs.
- Must be able to work well with colleagues, internal customers, and external customers.
- Must be able to work within and potentially lead defined budgets and meet schedule deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with solid understanding of MS Office Suite and applications.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Experience authoring with WebEx UltraAuthor, Structured FrameMaker and/or XML editing software applications (Arbortext, XMLSpy, Oxygen XML Editor etc.).
- Experience creating content in a structured authoring environment for Air Force, Army, or Navy programs.
- Strong working knowledge of S1000D, ATA100, ATA iSpec 2200, MIL-PRF-38807C, and MIL-STD-37874.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.