L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are searching for a dynamic Contracts Manager to join the MariPro team in Goleta, CA. Job Summary:
Influences successful business outcomes in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income and free cash flow for new and continuing programs. Provides business, contractual and risk mitigation strategy guidance. Analyzes new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives. Protects the interest of the company by understanding and interpreting contractual terms and conditions. Utilizes working knowledge of regulations including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), FAR supplements (e.g. DFARS) and other agency regulations. Analyzes significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures. Manages the contractual review of solicitations, proposal development, contract change, control process, and overall contract administration. Establishes and maintains primary contractual interface with the customer. Maximizes cash through innovative contract formation and negotiation to achieve business objectives. Essential Functions:
Education and Experience:
- Leads and directs experienced professionals.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of direct report(s) who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Communicates within and outside of organization to explain and influence changes to policies, practices, or approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products.
- Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area and comprehensive knowledge within professional discipline.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of the organization, which includes customers or vendors.
- Works to influence others to accept individual or team's views or practices and changes to concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Requires ability to communicate with leadership regarding matters of importance to the function or business area. May conduct briefings with senior leaders.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
- May develop new concepts or standards.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are undefined, where information is difficult to obtain.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- Manages a team with focus on policy and strategy implementation.
- Establishes operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the job function.
- Provides measurable input of new products, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall functional results.
- May manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years prior related experience OR Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Active DoD security clearance is required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.