Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Security Officer provides services for a variety of large and small business clients where health, safety and security is our #1 priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Personally monitors either visually, electronically or audibly a variety of assigned areas, or grounds by working in a variety of assignments including but not limited to roving inside the facilities, roving in a vehicle, other locations deemed appropriate.
- Ensures own actions and those of others observe maximum level of safety and compliance.
- Will verbally de-escalate situations to ensure the safety of fellow employees, customers and clients.
- Examines doors, windows, and other areas of the area to determine they are secure.
- Reports and records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, etc.in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Warns violators of rule infractions and may apprehend or expel violators.
- Notifies on site individuals of visitors wishing to see them.
- Assists in properly responding to a variety of emergencies or disasters in order to preserve life and property, including but not limited to fire safety, active shooter protocol
- May perform routine input or monitoring of safety and life support computer programs.
- May issue and record ID badges.
- May check heating, lighting, sprinkling, security, ventilation, fire, etc., systems to make sure they are operational.
- May also be combined with other position duties
- Notify supervisor if safety and sanitation standards are not being met.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least two (2) years of security, law enforcement or military experience.
- A valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be able to obtain and pay the Alaska Guard License fee of $97.00 prior to beginning work.
- Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
- Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
- Must be able to work a rotational one (1) week on / (1) week off schedule, 84 hour work weeks.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to Loud
Description of environment: This is a public retail environment.
Must constantly be able to stand, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch.
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift and move up to 50lbs.
NMS Core Values
- Customer Service - Provides outstanding customer service; manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to other ideas.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes incident, logs and other reports clearly; able to read and interpret written information.
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at email@example.com