About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast. We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.Southern Industrial is looking for a QC Manager for our office in Raleigh, NC. The right candidate must have at least one or more of the following certifications: AWS, ACI, AISC or API. Experience with fundamentals of industrial welding, concrete, or electrical construction, able to interpret standard codes, experience with job site inspections and audits, excellent computer skills. Must be analytical and familiar with expository writing styles. Good people skills or perhaps training experience. 8-10 years industry experience. This is a local only position, no per diem offered.Essential Functions / Duties
- Perform and document inspection and surveillance activities.
- Review specifications, drawings and reports to assure that quality requirements are adequately translated into work instructions.
- Review incoming materials for compliance with customer contracts/purchase orders requirements.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Knowledge of the ASME Codes and other codes and standards which govern the repair, replacement and modification activities associated with the power generation industry.
- Individual must be familiar with receipt inspection process, welding processes, welder and weld procedure qualification process.
- Individual must be capable of being certified Level II VT, PT, MT & UTT methods and mechanical inspection activities. Previous certification is required.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface in an Code environment.
A 4-year degree in related field required.Experience:
Minimum of 8 to 10 years inspection experience with Quality Assurance.Work Conditions
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, and warehouses. Exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property. Must be able to effectively use any required PPE equipment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Ability to stand and kneel while performing inspections for long hours.
- Lifting (50 lbs.)
- Ability to work day or night shift
Posting ID: 556643811Posted: 2020-05-21