Job Description Facility:
GRACEVILLE CORRECTIONAL FACILITYCompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a classroom environment that facilitates the teaching of Adult Basic Education and basic subjects required to pass the GED or equivalent examination. Teaches one or more subjects including, but not limited to reading, mathematics, and language arts.
- Provides classroom instruction in the areas of basic education subjects including career planning, social adjustment, and general life skills knowledge.
- May instruct conversational English, and ideas and customs in English to students with limited English proficiency.
- Maintains records including testing, daily inmate/detainee work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Evaluates and maintains inmate/detainee academic progress.
- Provides individual tutoring.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Two (2) years of relevant teaching experience preferred.
- Valid teaching certificate from the state Department of Education or comparable authority required.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Posting ID: 556643898Posted: 2020-05-21