Performance Assurance Manager manages and directs formal responses to external audits, assessments, and surveillances. You will lead causal analysis development to address deficiencies identified through external audits, assessments, and surveillance, as required. prepare formal corrective action plans, in conjunction with appropriate functional organizations, to address causal factors identified through the causal analysis process.You will maintain the approved internal audit, assessment and surveillance schedule. Perform NQA-1 audits in the Lead Auditor role. Support and execute formal assessments and surveillances of key processes to assure a high level of compliance with the Quality Assurance program and associated regulatory requirements. You'll facilitate implementation of performance improvement initiatives and actions taken as a result of audit, assessment, and surveillance corrective actions. Provide training to staff, as necessary and other Quality Assurance duties as assigned.Qualifications :
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience, including 5 years of experience in the nuclear industry; with 5 years of supervisory or management experience, and at least 5 years of Quality Assurance experience in a construction environment is required. Quality Assurance experience should include knowledge of the elements of NQA-1.
- In-depth understanding of engineering, procurement, and construction concepts, principles, theories, and their attendant quality requirements.
- Management and supervisory skills and experience or training in leadership, interpersonal communication, management responsibilities, motivation of personnel, problem analysis and decision making, and administrative policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of managing staff from multiple disciplines and coordinating quality oversight of all project activities.
- Advanced knowledge and application of applicable nuclear codes and standards, including 10 CFR 830 Subpart A, DOE Order 414.1D, and national consensus standard ASME NQA-1-2008/ASME NQA-1a-2009 Addenda.
- Advanced technical knowledge of the application of engineering, procurement, and construction practices sufficient to comprehend specified Quality Assurance requirements for these disciplines; including Commercial Grade Dedication and application of the graded approach in an NQA-1 environment.
- Advanced experience participating in and supporting quality assessments, surveillances, audits and/or cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel across multiple organizations to solve complex problems.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and schedule work to ensure completion in accordance with requirements, deadlines, and budget.
Desired Skills Possess effective communication skills.
- Listens carefully and speaks professionally and clearly in all situations.
- Edits work for accuracy and clarity. Is able to create, read, and interpret complex written information.
- Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel.
- Leads consensus by involving all stakeholders, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution.
- Capable of identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, gathering and reviewing information appropriately.
- Uses own judgment and acts independently, seeks input from other team members as appropriate for complex and sensitive situations.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Good communication, computer, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage complex quality oversight of projects with multiple work phases, locations, and distributed resources
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of ASME/NQA-1, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications. NQA-1
- Lead Auditor Certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of AISC-N690, Specification for Safety-Related Steel Structures for Nuclear Facilities.
- Additional Details Position will be located in Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Domestic travel may be required
- Clearance: DOE L or Q is a plus Essential Functions:
Work Environment: Office environment. (75%) May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals and industrial facilities.
Physical Requirements: Appropriate PPE and training will be provided for all conditions. Equipment and Machines: Standard office equipment - PC, telephone, fax, copier, related equipment (90%)
Attendance: Regular attendance mandatory (100%) Overtime/work outside normal schedule may be required (20%)
Other Essential Experience:
U.S. Citizenship required.
Valid driver's license is required.
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Travel may be required (<10%)
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required.
Must take and pass a pre-employment drug and background check.
Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods
Posting ID: 556643983Posted: 2020-05-21