Job DescriptionPosition Summary
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for making high quality wine. This position works directly with the Winemaking Team and will be an integral winemaking support position, helping to facilitate daily harvest winemaking responsibilities. This position does not require Cellar or Lab work; however, interns will work with members of the Cellar and Lab to achieve daily responsibilities.
This is a temporary assignment, between August through November. Schedules are determined on an as needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work, and overtime. Responsibilities
- Conduct daily fermentation monitoring including tank temperatures, cap inspection and management
- Taste and evaluate wines with Winemaking team
- Assist winemakers with vineyard monitoring and picking decisions
- Work with winemakers and cellar leads on pressing, grape receival, facilitating and prioritizing workload
- Monitor winemaking trials, review of lab analysis
- Generate work orders for grape and wine processing.
- Assist Winemakers as needed
- Ability to work from August through the end of November
- Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
- Recent graduate or pursuing a degree in Enology and/or Viticulture or related field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills - oral and written
- Experience in computer applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Previous harvest experience in winery production
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Well-developed wine tasting skills
Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, warm, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to loud noises, fumes, toxic chemicals, near moving mechanical parts and lift truck traffic. Frequent walking, standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouch or crawl, going up and down stairs and ladders. Must be able to move up to 55 lbs. Must have a valid driver's license. Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Location
Soledad, California Additional LocationsJob Type
Full time Job Area
Internships Equal Opportunity
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).