Nalco, an Ecolab Company has a full-time opening for a Plant Manager
at its facility in Glenwood, IL
. The Plant Manager will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for overall safety, direction of all activities concerned with economical resin regeneration and product production, as well as leadership of continuous improvement. What You Will Do:
- Leadership and promotion of Nalco's safety culture, both within the plant organization, as well as the overall Central region Nalco Water Pretreatment Solutions group
- Manage all plant operations including ion regeneration plant, warehousing, shipping & receiving, and membrane cleaning
- Manage a staff of 13 people working in two different shifts
- Oversee production planning for region to ensure adequate supply for six service centers located in various Midwest states
- Structure plant, warehouse, shipping & receiving, and membrane cleaning operations to optimize effectiveness and deliverables
- Assist in capital project plan including plant equipment replacements, upgrades and refurbishments as well as tank and resin purchases
- Maintain critical plant KPI's to optimize plant operations and product quality while controlling costs
- Help manage plant environmental control and compliance including managing wastewater permit testing and filings
- Improve and modify existing procedures, create new procedures as needed to meet product, quality, safety, and most importantly customer demand
- Implement systems for training and cross-training personnel
- Drive employee engagement through direct analysis and involvement of key drivers and improvements
- Manage plant projects and improvements including coordination and supervision of outside contractors to perform work required
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in process engineering and/or process manufacturing fields
- Experience in processing ion exchange resins and resin plant operations
- Technical ability to learn and become proficient in pretreatment/mechanical water treatment equipment including reverse osmosis, water softeners, filters, and deionization
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this position
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience working with MS-Office, Auto-Cad and/or Visio applications
- Previous safety and behavioral based safety culture experience
- Looking for a dynamic person to lead a strong, team-oriented group
- Good verbal and written communication skills
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.