Human Resources Manager
Join Ecolab as the Human Resources Manager
of our non-union manufacturing and distribution facilities in Roscoe, IL
and Beloit, WI
and foster positive relationships, facilitate team and talent development and promote a collaborative culture on our journey to World Class.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the application and administration of HR programs and will have the opportunity to foster positive relationships and team development to promote a collaborative, engaged culture. Thriving on employee interaction, this person will maintain visibility on the floor and will drive consistent policy administration as well as recognition & retention strategies throughout the facility. This leader will also partner with HR teams across the network to share best practices and implement and upgrade HR policies and practices. What You Will Do
- Active member of the Plant Leadership Team and leader of the Plant HR Team
- Leader of the Training, People & Development TPM Pillar
- Coaches supervisors for effective leadership, change management, standard progressive counseling and managing employee development issues.
- Supports and monitors appraisal and development plans. Coordinates talent review process for exempt staff. Offers training and development for employee growth. Helps develop cross-training and rotation plans.
- Promotes the development of positive floor-relations and a team-oriented environment. Provides leadership in implementation of best practices in floor-relationships through-out the network.
- Drives key Human Resource initiatives and strategic processes. Fosters policies for consistent, fair and legally compliant practices. Provides guidance in disability cases. Guides management of workers comp cases. Handles unemployment claims, attends hearings. Maintains compliant personnel filing systems.
- Assists employees with inquiries and concerns. Acts as impartial advocate for fair and equitable treatment.
- Ownership of overall staffing and talent development functions for the facility. Developing relationships with local educational institutions community organizations to help attract, develop and retain top talent in the marketplace.
- Assesses turnover/retention drivers and action planning; conducts exit interviews.
- Develops annual hourly pay schedule recommendations, implements and communicates pay schedule changes
- Maintains and processes employee records (e.g., hires, terminations, transfers, and wage rates).
- Supports recruiting and ensures compliance with OFCCP obligations; assists with Affirmative Action Plan.
- Facilitates reports to Workers' Compensation contact and maintains related records (OSHA log). Assists Plant in disability care management.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal law, corporate guidelines and Plant practices. Conducts initial new hire orientation, facilitates training for Plant on HR-related topics.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience in human resources, employee relations, talent management
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this opportunity
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Advanced degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business or related field
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects & manage competing demands.
- Experience managing disability & workers compensation cases
- Strong relationship building, verbal and written communication skills & interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Workday
- Knowledge of and experience with TPM or other continuous improvement approaches (WCM, TPS, etc.)
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.