SS Revenue Cycle - Legacy MH AcuteShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthPatient Access Specialist / Registrar
We are seeking active, engaged, and enthusiastic team members who want to work closely with patients and care givers in a non-clinical role. A Patient Access Specialist / Registrar is a vital member of the healthcare team, and is responsible for creating a patient's medical record and gathering important information for an accurate billing process. Looking for candidates who feel comfortable working with computers, multi-tasking, are detail oriented, and who are caring and passionate about others and their work.
Be a part of the action, create a caring environment for our patients when they need comfort the most. We are looking for team members who like being busy and on their feet while staying positive and caring of others.Patient Access Specialist / Registrar Responsibilities include:
- The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for performing admitting duties for all patients admitted for services at Mercy Health
- Patient Access staff are responsible for assigning accurate MRNs, completing medical necessity / compliance checks, providing proper patient instructions, collecting insurance information, receiving and processing physician orders, collecting point of service collections as well as past due balances
- Patient Access staff are responsible for the utilization of quality auditing and reporting systems to ensure accounts are corrected.
- Patient Access Specialists are responsible for the pre-registration of patient accounts prior to patient visits.
Patient Access Specialist / Registrar will receive benefits:
- Competitivecompensation and benefitspackagesthat reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programmingdesigned to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment.
- Aculturetruly participatory and to strengthendiversity and inclusion.
- Growth-Once you've joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, includingtuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. Conferences and seminars enable you to trade best practices. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- Awide array oflearning anddevelopment opportunities, including programs to help lower wage associates build their skills and improve their earning potential.
- Recognition-We recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
Patient Access Specialist / Registrar Requirements include:
- HS Degree Required - Associates preferred
- 1-2 Years Customer service experience
- Understanding of Revenue Cycle including admission, billing, payments and denials.
- Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience highly preferred
Education / Certifications:
- Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred Education: 2 year / Associates Degree
- Preferred Certification: CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)
- 1-2 Years of Experience Preferred
- Understanding of Revenue Cycle including admission, billing, payments and denials. Comprehensive knowledge of patient insurance process for obtaining authorizations and benefits verification. Knowledge of Health Insurance requirements. Knowledge of medical terminology or CPT or procedure codes.
- Patient Access experience highly preferred. Typing speed of 45 words per minute required if applicable.
Part time 20 hours per week, every other weekend and holiday rotation.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
SS Revenue Cycle - Legacy MH Acute All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 556644255Posted: 2020-05-21