Administration - Youngstown Home Care/DME/HospiceShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthMISSION
The mission of Humility of Mary Health Partners is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served. SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fulfills the hospital philosophy and promotes ones self and others to emulate the core values of the hospital. The employee demonstrates the ability to achieve individual quality performance in daily duties, is team oriented in seeking out work, which needs to be completed.
This position is responsible for timely accurate cash posting to Account Receivables. Must be skilled in high volume data entry. Must strive for accuracy at all times. Should have the ability to quickly analyze payments received and apply appropriately. Requires precise understanding of debits/credits and balancing functions. QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Post secondary education or training preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High volume data entry with accuracy. Previous hospital Patient Accounting experience preferred. Previous banking and cash balancing preferred. Managed Care contract interpretation preferred.
- Knowledge and skill required to perform the job responsibilities for both technical and dimensional content.
- Knowledge of general accounting principals. Must be able to review and balance cash transactions. Must have good understanding of debits and credits. Strong analytical ability. Working knowledge of Patient Accounting systems; ie. HBOC STAR, SMS, Medipac.
- The degree to which judgment and analysis must be exercised in planning, investigating issues, and evaluating alternative solutions to the challenges posed by the job. Deals with the nature of the decisions, the variety of problems, and how decisions are made in context of the typical requirements of the job.
- Must be able to make decisions regarding proper cash application; posting, adjustments understanding how system handles such transactions.
- Must understand that high volume is required as posting cash and adjustments in a leisurely manner will have adverse effects on the hospital A/R. Erroneous postings or not moving cash to the appropriate bucket may cause patients to receive inappropriate statements.
- The nature and frequency of interpersonal human relations skills required by the job. The extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in meeting or influencing others by phone, correspondence, or personal contact.
- Must interact in a professional and courteous manner with all individuals. Will coordinate with co-workers, confer with other hospital departments, outside vendors and occasionally patients.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Post cash transactions in a timely accurate manner. Post adjustment transactions in a timely accurate manner Reviews credit balances thoroughly and processes refund requests with all supporting documentation. Prepares financial reports for outside agencies and management as requested. Research payments received for which an account can not be identified. Interacts with co-workers, other hospital departments and vendors to resolve issues or concerns. Performs balancing functions daily to ensure cash and adjustments are posted accurately. Performs other duties as requested by management. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Administration - Youngstown Home Care/DME/Hospice All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 556644284Posted: 2020-05-21