KBR is seeking a skilled Software Developer (SD) to help design, build, improve and maintain applications to support NASA spacecraft missions. The SD will primarily be responsible for building software, as well as modifying existing applications to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. The SD will be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures and will also work with customers or other teams on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. These customers include NASA management, other software teams, mission flight operations teams and hardware design groups. Software Developer Responsibilities:
Required Education / Experience:
- Modify software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Re-platform existing client/server applications to web-based apps
- Direct system testing and validation procedures.
- Direct software programming and documentation development.
- Consult with SW teams or customers on project status and proposals.
- Work with customers and outside teams on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Design and develop software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
Required Skills / Abilities
- BS degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- 7 - 12 years of solid software development experience
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and various development methodologies such as Agile, RAD, etc.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience with Agile Scrum principles
- Strong C and C++
- Strong Java and Java Script
- SQL experience and DB design knowledge is required
- Experience with Git/GitHub and IDE's such as Eclipse
- Comfortable with CSS, React, and web frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Angular, Node.JS)
- Be a self-starter, not afraid to just dig in and figure it out
- Strong analytical skills, motivated and willing to learn and go above and beyond
C# Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Posting ID: 556644347Posted: 2020-06-04