Optical Systems I&T Engineer
Skills and Qualifications
- Provide optical testing support of optical component during the integration and testing (I&T) phase at the subsystem and system levels. The support will include writing test procedures, performing the test and running the required optical analysis after the testing.
- Support the hands-on evaluation of prototype components, develop alignment and test assemblies, as well as utilize standard metrology tools.
- Provide system level analysis support for optical instrument and experiment design, calibration, and verification. Perform optical design and analysis of optical and electro-optical elements, subsystems, and systems that comprise an optical instrument.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and support project level reviews.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
Preferred Complementary Skills
- Hands-on optical laboratory skills including optical handling, assembly, and alignment.
- Experience in operation of optical and electrical test equipment including laser trackers, theodolites or photogrammetry for making precision alignments.
- An ability to work individually and alongside a multi-disciplined, dynamic project team is a must.
- Experience with Optical Design software such as Zemax, Code V, and FRED.
- Experience with MathCAD, MATLAB or similar modeling software
The following complementary skills are a plus, but not required:
- Solid understanding of the NASA flight hardware development process and methodology is strongly desired.
- Experience in the development and qualification of Flight Optical Systems is preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- BS degree or higher in Optical Engineering, Aerospace engineering, Physics, or related fields.
- Minimum of seven years of experience supporting optical I&T activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Preferred.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder because of the sensitivity of work.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Posting ID: 556644356Posted: 2020-06-04