Research Engineer/Physicist ABOUT THIS POSITION
At KBR, We Deliver
by transforming science into new possibilities for our customers. Be part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and researchers to discover and develop new and relevant military-critical electronics to maintain our nation's air, space, and cyber
This position is located at the Air Force Research Laboratory Sensors Directorate, Aerospace Components and Subsystems Technical Division. The Devices for Sensing Branch leads the AF in development of electronic devices for sensing for next generation military aerospace systems. In-house and contractual programs range from basic research and exploratory development to advanced device demonstration efforts. Explores evolutionary and revolutionary device development and conducts feasibility demonstration efforts on devices and circuits with potential for high frequency microwave/millimeter wave and high speed electronics applications.
KBR is seeking a highly-motivated candidate for a position on advanced epitaxial growth and post-processing techniques. The position willfocus primarilyon topological photonics projects based on III-V semiconductor photonic crystals and microstructures grown by homoepitaxy. In parallel, the selected research engineer willexplore remote and Van der Waals epitaxy whichwill be used for semiconductor heterostructures of interest for power electronics.
The selected candidate will have demonstratedthe following skills and competencies:
- Technical experience of microfabrication processes and with MOCVD for fabrication of III-V and IV semiconductor devices
- Familiarity with thin-film semiconductor exfoliation processes
- Working knowledge of cleanroom fabrication processes: PVD (e-beam, thermal, sputtering), PECVD, CVD, photolithography, interference lithography, e-beam lithography
- Extensive experience in thin-film characterization: SEM, TEM, EDS, EBSD, HRXRD, AFM, PL, Raman Spectroscopy
- Demonstrated capability for independent work and for interacting with experimentalists and theorists
- Demonstrated capability to summarize and communicate research ideas and results by conference presentations and by peer-reviewed journal articles
- UScitizenship is required
Education: PhD in electrical engineering or related field is required withthree years of related research experience.
This position is part of an interdisciplinary team including materials scientists, physicists, electrical engineers, and optical engineers. The selected applicant must meet eligibility requirements for a DoD security clearance, as well as the Air Force Research Laboratory requirements to access Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.