CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Eberly College of Science at the Pennsylvania State University is seeking a Director of the interdisciplinary integrated undergraduate/graduate (IUG) science BS/MBA degree program.This program combines undergraduate coursework in our college with a graduate degree through the Smeal College of Business.The candidate for this position should have experience in both a scientific discipline and in industry, and they should also have had experience teaching at the undergraduate level.
- collaborating on the recruitment and interviews of candidates for the program
- collaborating with a professional adviser to advise students in the program
- teaching a writing-intensive seminar course every spring semester
- organizing extracurricular programming to supplement coursework
- collaborating with the Smeal MBA leadership on program decisions
- collaborating with the Office of Science Engagement on networking and internship opportunities for students in the program
- communicating program information to prospective and current students via email and website
- occasional domestic travel to accompany students on site visits to companies is required.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Students. A master's degree or higher with 5 or more years of experience is required. This is a part-time, academic position.CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA