L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Soldering Assembler-2nd ShiftJob Location:Malabar, FLJob Code:SAS20202404-44814Job Description:***10% shift pay differential for 2nd shift position***
Under general supervision, responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Able to identify problems and issues in straightforward situations resulting in escalation to supervisor or supporting engineers for resolution. Comprehension and interpretation of a variety of technical specifications, including IPC knowledge, terms, and documents. Ability to complete less structured assignments determining and/or following sequence of operations for performing hand soldering, component installation, wiring, and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications and work authorization documentation. Fully participates/engages in team meetings with a positive attitude. Works to achieve operational targets.Essential Functions:
- Hand solder assembly units utilizing microscope.
- Measure, cut, strip, and solder wires including crimping contacts.
- Apply chemicals/adhesives on circuit cards.
- Read and follow documented work instructions consistently.
- Navigate electronic computer program for work instructions and sign offs.
- Perform daily and weekly 5S checklist items.
- Attention to detail.
- Participation and engagement in team meetings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working under a low power microscope.
- Experience soldering printed circuit boards.
- Knowledge in IPC acceptance criteria.
- Ability to perform rework on assemblies.
- Experience developing ideas or collaborating with engineering for fixtures/tooling.
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with MES computer programs.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work 3:45pm - 1:15am after training on 1st shift.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.