L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Electrical Assembler -North Amityville, NYJob Code:SSAS20202904-44981Job Description:
L3Harris is growing! We are seeking Electrical Assemblers in Amityville, NY to join the team.Duties:
- Perform complex wiring and assembly operation to production standards.
- Perform assembly and soldering processes for both PTH (Plated-Thru Hole) and SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Printed Circuit Boards.
- Work with and assist technical personnel such as Methods Analysts, Engineering, etc. in working out practical problems in relation to their work assignments.
- Set-up and operate all applicable equipment to productive capacity.
- Provide training and assistance to Assemblers of lesser skill levels
- Record and maintain data as required.
- Work from drawings, operation sheets and verbal instruction.
- Check for continuity.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- High school graduate or equivalent along with 6+ years of related experience performing skills necessary to the manufacture of electronic assembliesto standards IPC-610 and J-STD-001.
- 4+ years experience working from drawings and operation sheets.
- 4+ years performing assembly skills including lead forming, adhesive/coating applications, tooling operations and rework and repair.
- Knowledge of microelectronic assembly processes.
- Experience with wire bonding, ball bonding and wedge bonding.
- Ability to work with extremely small devices using a microscope.
- Experience with automatic microelectronic assembly equipment, epoxy dispenser, pick and place and automatic ball bonder.
- Good knowledge of the soldering process, which include proper technique, machine maintenance and calibration routines.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.