L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineering ManagerJob Code: SAS20200704-44070Job Location: Clifton, NJJob Description:
Effectively manage a supplier quality engineering team to drive quality improvement initiatives internally and at suppliers. Drive quality strategies to develop a proactive and preventive culture of quality and to ensure the Quality Management System provides products and services that meet the needs of our customers, third party auditors and regulatory requirements. Effective collaboration with program management, procurement, manufacturing, design engineering and quality assurance is critical to the role. This position reports to the Supplier Quality Director.Essential Functions:
- Benchmarking and adapting industry best practices to drive state-of-the art supplier quality management systems and processes
- Apply AS9100 and other respective quality standards to ensure that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards.
- Support strategy and assessment of potential new suppliers, commodity strategies and sourcing initiatives.
- Utilize and implement Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Gage R&R, problem solving methodologies, Six Sigma and Lean Concepts to drive supplier improvements.
- Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for identified problem areas.
- Review contracts for quality requirements and ensure supplier compliance through processes and procedures.
- Provide training for quality methodologies to support supplier partnerships.
- Organize, lead and develop a team of diverse high caliber quality professionals
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field with at least 9 years of experience within operations, supply chain and/or quality
- OR Master's Degree in engineering field with at least 7 years of experience within operations, supply chain and/or quality
- Experience in successfully managing a quality assurance team: 5 - 10 years of experience in management capacity; 3-5 managing Quality Assurance
- ASQ certification or ability to demonstrate proven results with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) with suppliers
- SPC, Predictive Quality methodologies, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and problem-solving methodologies
- AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality system and process audit experience
- Supplier development and engagement
- Strong interactive skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to focus, prioritize, and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support commitments and business objectives
- Space and defense industry experience is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong root cause corrective action process knowledge
- Lean/Six Sigma training (Preference is certified green/black belt)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% percent
- Strong understanding of Windows environment including standard Microsoft Office tools
- Thisposition requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department ofDefense security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.