L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr Specialist, Program FinanceJob ID: SAS20202804-44922Job Location:Columbia, MDJob Description:
The Sr Specialist, Program Finance participates in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. The position will have significant interface with Project Managers as well as other functional organizations including contracts/subcontract management, finance and procurement management.Essential Functions:
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Provides cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to Program Managers including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Assists with project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions, and requirements.
- Assists in project set up and people assignments in Deltek Costpoint.
- Assists in the preparation of program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
- Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
- Monitors costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number.
- Performs analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
- Prepares accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
- Prepares/Supports Project Management Review (PMR) presentations for management.
- Prepares financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
- Performs ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by CFO or PMs.
- Monitors funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
- Supports accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMs to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in the preparation of subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project's cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
- Ensures program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
- Analyzes profit risks and opportunities.
- Performs additional related assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance with6 plus years of directly, applicable experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's with 4 plus years' experience; or equivalent finance experience
- 3+ years of related experience in accounting operations for government contracts and a solid understanding of procurement best practices.
- 1+ Year Knowledge and experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting software particularly in Deltek CostPoint Project Set Up and People Assignment modules.
- 1+ Year Knowledge of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and agency specific regulations.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including experience in MS Word, MS Excel, and accounting software.
- Familiarity of standard government contract terms and contract types (i.e. CPFF, FFP, T&M, Cost-Reimbursement, Labor- Hour).
- People Soft experience preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.