L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Principal, Subcontracts ManagerJob Code: SAS20202304-44745Job Location: Palm Bay, FLJob Description:
- Primary ownership for subcontract portfolio with full understanding and reporting of cost drivers and cost changes. Partners with Engineering, Program Team, Commodity Managers, and Suppliers to drive alignment with commodity strategies for supply base optimization and lowest total acquisition cost
- Develop, drive and execute supply chain transformation and improvement projects. Must have functional and operational experience in the Supply Chain Management and Operations domains who can understand, analyze and define business requirements. This individual must be able to use hands-on, cross-functional approaches to identify pain points and drive improvements. Must have the passion, business acumen and experience to drive best-in-class supply chain processes and efficiencies
- Managing supplier relationships and supplier performance to achieve program and customer requirements and goals for Sales, Orders, and Profit. Interacts with suppliers to ensure appropriate support and execution of deliverables as well as participate in managing supplier relationships and performance
- Work with the assigned functional and program leaders to track and coordinate all program deliverables, highlighting key program risks and putting plans in place to mitigate those risks, providing regular reports/updates on program status. This includes identification and mitigation of long-term supply chain risks
- Manage the flow of critical milestones and project requirements including analysis of supplier capacity and capability. Will ensure supplier ability to supply parts with on-going adjustment of material flow for adequate line fill and inventory optimization
- Drive technical and supply chain management direction of geographically distributed teams of both technical and professional personnel performing various tasks and functions.
- Provide technical support for DFx (design for all desirable manufacturability, assembly, test attributes) including reviewing engineering changes and assessment of materials/supply chain impact
- Active engagement in process improvements to continually increase efficiency and effectiveness of product development and supply chain processes
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees. You will also be responsible for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, suppliers, etc.).
- Occasional travel required, ~25%
- Develop scalable business processes to drive better decisions in supply chain management, such as cost management, performance metrics, supplier selection, etc.
- Interface with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Engineering, Finance, Legal, Program and Operations, to understand the business objectives, identify the gaps in current processes and drive solutions
- Define key supplier performance metrics, develop data collection and reporting process, analyze the data and drive improvement actions
- Analyze cost and spending data and collaborate with Finance and Program teams for comprehensive reporting on risk and opportunity
- Responsible for driving closure to critical program and supplier issues, leading and driving closure to improvement initiatives, and briefing status and path to closure to senior and executive level management
- Work should be capable of being performed with verylittle direct supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional and executive level functions
- Ability to navigate FAR regulations and handle complex negotiations; experience with cost-plus type contracts/subcontracts a must
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior. related experience. Project management experience.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- Creativity in developing actionable analysis and recommendations.
- Comfortable working across multiple disciplines and departments.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience and track record in managing complex programs and/or supply chain efforts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.