L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr Specialist, Technical Trade Compliance Job ID: SAS20202804-44951Job Location:Palm Bay, FLJob Description:
- Conducts ITAR and EAR export classifications of hardware, software and technical data
- Provide export classifications to support licensing and agreement applications
- Conducts custom classifications (HTS and Schedule B)
- Performs review and provides approval of technical data transfers to third parties
- Performs review and provides approval for L3Harris information placed in the public domain
- Implementation of trade compliance policies in accordance with U.S. Export Regulations.
- Participates in the planning and execution of Trade Compliance audits
- Develops and deploys training
- Completes annual SME training
- Identify and recommends process improvements
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Trade Compliance in the Space Systems sector of L3Harris, Space and Airborne Systems
- Determine and document export and customs classifications
- Ensure compliance with ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations including providing compliance guidance to both internal and external customers.
- Efficiently and effectively manages workload to include competing priorities and deadlines, ensuring on-time completion of activities.
- Uses thorough understanding and knowledge of the ITAR and EAR regulations in everyday job duties
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior trade compliance experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior trade compliance experience.
- 3+ Years' Experience of ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations.
- 3+ Years' Experience with military and commercial RF communications equipment
- Working experience in regulatory environment (ITAR and EAR) in the aerospace/defense industry
- Experience with OCR EASE
- U.S. Security clearance is preferred but not required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.