L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr Associate, ContractsJob ID: SAS20202804-44954Job Location:Chantilly, VAJob Description:
- Contracts influences successful business outcomes in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income and free cash flow for new and continuing programs.
- Provides business, contractual and risk mitigation strategy guidance.
- Analyzes new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Protects the interest of the company by understanding and interpreting contractual terms and conditions.
- Utilizes working knowledge of regulations including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), FAR supplements (e.g. DFARS) and other agency regulations.
- Analyzes significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Manages the contractual review of solicitations, proposal development, contract change control process and overall contract administration.
- Establishes and maintains primary contractual interface with the customer.
- Maximizes cash through innovative contract formation and negotiation to achieve business objectives.
- Administer all aspects of assigned contract processing, including accuracy or order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements, and other commitments.
- Maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Act as the primary point of contact between L3Harris Technologies, Inc. and the customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects.
- Assist with pricing, submission, and negotiation of assigned proposals.
- Continued development of a working understanding of the US Government acquisition and procurement process, L3Harris Technologies, Inc. policies and procedures, and the FAR/DFARS.
- Participate in internal and external reviews or meetings on assigned contracts and projects.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior contracts experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior contracts experience OR Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior contracts experience
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Intermediate professional with practical knowledge of job area. Works under moderate supervision to set objectives for own job area. Communicates with contacts inside and outside own team to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures Identifies and addresses changes within own job area. Works to achieve operational targets with some impact on departmental results.
- Security Clearance preferred at TS/SCI level
- Familiarization with FAR, DFARs, ITAR preferred. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Eligible to obtain security clearance if required.
- Entry level exposure to multiple Government contract and vehicle types, including basic knowledge of Cost-type/Incentive contracts, Time and Material contracts, Firm Fixed Price contracts and common contractual issues that may arise.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.