When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific Information
High Point, NC SoftgelsHow will you make an impact?
What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Provides routine analyses in a chemistry environment by following standard practices.
- Performs analytical methods as assigned for testing on raw materials, samples, stability, and/or production intermediates.
- Supports internal development and/or manufacturing operations.
- Makes detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test results. Supports technical/scientific projects and helps execute strategies and technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations.
- Participates in technical discussions with clients.
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Chemical Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Seeking individual with 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Conducts routine chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials, packaging components, finished products, and stability samples by internally developed and compendial test methods.
- Executes validated test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, LC/MS, dissolution, spectroscopy, and/or traditional wet chemical testing.
- Recognizes and reports out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems. Performs daily instrument calibrations / verifications as required.
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results.
- Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Assists in preparing regulatory documents and other communications with outside agencies, clients, and/or colleagues from other corporate sites. Cleans and organizes work area, instrumentation, and testing materials.
- Cleans HPLC and dissolution systems after use. Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines.
- Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic instrumental technologies.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- Awareness of quality and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good problem solving skills and logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as determination of test reliability, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. Safety glasses, safety shoes, lab coat, latex or similar gloves, safety apron, organic respirator occasionally.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.