CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Applied Research Lab (ARL) is seeking an individual to join the Post Award team in our Financial Reporting Department. This candidate will be primarily responsible for the closeout of awards.
- Analyze program costs and ensure compliance with the grant/contract terms and conditions and university policies
- Perform journal entries as necessary
- Confirm proper invoicing and posting of income
- Verify the applied rates, prepare financial closeout documentation, and verify all final contractual documentation has been provided to the sponsor
- Act as a liaison with key stakeholders to include ARL Contracts, ARL Accounting, Research Accounting, ARL Property, and ARL Technical Offices in order to perform the assigned tasking
- Prepare special invoices and provide financial backup as necessary for a subset of agreements
- Additional duties such as status tracking and maintaining a closeout listing using Excel and Database Management System; identifying, implementing, and streamlining process improvements; and writing/updating internal standard operating procedures
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus four years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
Required skills and experience include:
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are highly desirable (remove period)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast paced environment
Preferred skills include:
- Proficient knowledge of government and industrial grants and contracts
- Successful completion of the PSU ACES course
- Intermediate experience with Excel
- Basic knowledge of Word, Power Point, Outlook, and a financial system such as SAP
Candidates for consideration must submit a cover letter of interest and a resume.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation. You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply. Employment with the ARL will require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
ARL is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; we believe this is central to our success as a Department of Defense designated University Affiliated Research Center (UARC). We are at our best when we draw on the talents of all parts of society, and our greatest accomplishments are achieved when diverse perspectives are part of our workforce. CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA