How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Responsible for the routine performance of operations in support of the manufacture of commercial and clinical biologics. These support activities consist of equipment assembly operations - example: assembly of equipment, process lines, filter housings, filter integrity testing, autoclaving equipment, seal testing of vessels, visual inspections, execution of autoclave validation protocols, environmental cleaning, etc. Must be a self-starter. Technician typically works 12 hour shifts in a 7 day per week schedule operation.
Responsibilities/Job Function (In order of % time spent)
- Preparing for and execution of manufacturing batch records, work instructions and/or SOPs, focus on 'right the first time' executions (75%)
- Responsible for completing training tasks based upon a monitored curriculum. Complete advanced training (5%)
- Documentation of all activities to meet cGMP requirements. Maintain GMP compliance in assigned work (5%)
- Complete preventative maintenance and work notifications tasks on time. Equipment testing, routine trouble-shooting (5%)
- Ensure tasks are executed with a method of prioritization - interpret production schedules and complete tasks accordingly. Including shift exchanges, 1-1's, meetings email, attend meetings as necessary to facilitate area needs based on changes, etc. (5%)
- Participate in other required activities (perform safety inspections; participate in improvement projects, etc.) lean activities (5%)
Education & Experience
- Knowledge -
- Manufacturing experience
- cGMP experience
- clean room experience
- Skills -
- Mechanical / Analytical skills
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Basic Math skills
- Abilities -
- Able to work in a rapidly changing climate - reacts well to change
- Team player
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while remaining focused
- Reliable, dependable, and organized
- Able to understand written or verbal instructions (in English) and execute accurately and independently
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college or combination of education and related work experience helpful
- Bachelor's degree plus
- Proven attendance record
- 3-5 years' experience in a related field or industry
- Experience in manufacturing and/or GMP industry a plus
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Some lifting required, pushing, pulling
- Occasional heavy lifting or moving required
- Capable of specific vision (color, close and peripheral)
- Good hearing
- Able to work with large degree of back ground noises
- Able to stand, walk, reach with hands/arms, stoop, kneel, crouch for most of the day
- Able to gown, wear PPE, and work successfully in a clean room environment.
- Indoor work space that leaves no visual of outside areas
- Hot or wet surfaces present
- Able to work in cold rooms
- Flexible work hours
- Able to work rotating or fixed schedule
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.