When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager, Global Production Operations will report to the VPGM, Safety, Production, and Emerging Markets and matrix to the Thermo Fisher VP Corporate Accounts. This individual will serve as the one point of contact to provide coordination and management of production programs across all Thermo Fisher entities globally. This person will interface and work closely with Global Biopharma and key business functional teams & SMEs, to represent the optimal balance of business and customer needs to support in excess of $50M in revenues. This individual will provide input to strategy, operations & implementation to support the development and execution of a global production program strategy & roadmap including cGMP process & technology capabilities assessment and gaps, customer analytics, reporting, and customer requirements collection.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education and Experience
- Manage and set direction for direct reports supporting Global Biopharma Production sites across North America while liaising with RSD EU/ LA/ APAC and Thermo Fisher sites to align.
- Partner with Global Biopharma Supplier Management teams to manage scope, sell production program to new locations, and manage messaging.
- Provide project management & execution for key tasks and proactively seek out, track and remove barriers to completing projects.
- Leverage PPI continuous improvement methodology and related analytical tools to drive people process & technology improvements.
- Develop and manage all customer facing metrics and business reviews related to the production program globally (i.e. standard reports and KPIs on complaints).
- Leverage RSD Production Solutions tools and standard processes to support customer.
- Facilitate connections with broader Thermo Fisher Scientific organization to solve customer issues.
- Tight collaboration with customer's inventory planning and forecasting team.
- Manage documentation of customer-specific and functional SOPS and process flows.
- Manage internal SLAs and report outs to stakeholders on overall program progress.
- Works closely and oversees the related activities of the sales organization, customer service, supply chain and regulatory to ensure sustainable operations.
- Negotiate and managing supplier quality agreements and change controls.
- Support the planning and execution of the program strategy & roadmap (people, process & technology enhancements) with global input on project documentation, project plans, timelines, status tracking, reporting, risk and mitigation identification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5+ years relevant global business experience: operations, customer implementation, supply chain, sales, marketing, portfolio management, quality, customer service
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Supply Chain or related field; MBA preferred
- Strong general business acumen with a thorough understanding of financial data and reporting methodologies, various performance metrics, ROI analysis and business case development.
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement methodology and related analytical tools, e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, run charts, flow charting, Pareto charts, pivot tables etc.
- Understanding of industry/global quality system standards and regulations; ISO 13485, FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP, cGxP) preferred
- Ability to develop & implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to formulate and drive detailed plans and key performance indicators to report on the health of each project
- Experience creating and developing best practices within an organization
- Experience with the following tools: Cognos, SharePoint, MS Office, RSD US Mainframe & IBS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and decision-making skills
- International & Domestic travel required up to 50%
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 556644559Posted: 2020-05-21