Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront of our leading and cutting edge Cell and Gene Therapy business enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases. When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.How will you make an impact?
As a Process Sciences (PS) Scientist I, you will help our clients to deliver lifesaving and life changing therapies to patients in need. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and documenting laboratory and tech transfer activities in support of process assessment, establishment, pilot, and transfer into cGMP manufacturing and in late-phase Process Characterization of viral vector manufacturing processes. You will also act as a subject matter expert (SME) and support a seamless transfer and operation of internally developed and client transferred processes into the PS laboratory and pilot space and out to the cGMP manufacturing space.What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Act as a SME for technology transfer and late-phase development for upstream and downstream viral vector therapeutic processes
- Collaborate with Process Development and Manufacturing, Quality, Project Management teams etc. to facilitate technology transfer and project success.
- Assist in operation of the PS laboratory including maintenance of inventory, experiment and equipment scheduling, and equipment maintenance
- Identify opportunities to technically and operationally improve systems, practices, and technologies
- Collaborate with other Thermo Fisher Scientific sites and clients to ensure success of scale-up and process transfer.
- B.S. with 5+ years' relevant experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical experience in upstream and/or downstream biopharmaceutical process development and/or manufacturing
- Experience with technology transfer and facility fit assessment is desired
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral
- Ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and balance prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methodology and software (JMP or equivalent) is highly desired
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to solve complex technical issues
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret complex scientific data
- Working knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements of biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Project management skills desirable.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment & handle multiple priorities.
- A flexible work schedule is required including Weekend and night as needed to support lab activities.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644563Posted: 2020-05-21