Job Title: Associate II - Process Sciences
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Location/Division Specific Information
US - Massachusetts - Cambridge How will you make an impact?
As a Process Sciences (PS) Associate II, you will help our clients to deliver lifesaving and life changing therapies to patients in need. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and documenting laboratory and tech transfer activities in support of process assessment, establishment, pilot, and transfer into cGMP manufacturing and in late-phase Process Characterization of viral vector manufacturing processes What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Plan & execute cell culture, chromatography, and filtration studies in a laboratory setting for production of viral vector therapeutics
- Analyze and interpret scientific data to help support decisions in development and commercialization of cell and gene therapy products
- Maintain an accurate schedule/project plan of assigned lab work and deliverables
- Support the Process Sciences laboratory to operate efficiently: maintenance of inventory, experiment and equipment use scheduling, and maintenance of equipment.
- B.S. with 2+ years' relevant experience or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical experience in biopharmaceutical process development and/or manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Laboratory experience preferred
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment & handle multiple priorities.
- A flexible work schedule is required including Weekend and night as needed to support lab activities.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644565Posted: 2020-05-21