Job Title: CAD Designer, Global Engineering Requisition ID: 117166BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.Location/Division Specific InformationViral Vector Services (VVS)- Cambridge, MA How will you make an impact?
The CAD Designer role is responsible for providing support for the Process, Plant, Facility and Automation Engineering drawings and documents. Their primary role is the creation and support of GMP / non-GMP drawings, working closely with various function groups across all VVS sites (Cambridge, MA / Lexington, MA / Alachua, FL).REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Has no direct reports.What will you do?Percentage of Time Spent (In order of %)
How will you get here?
- 70%- CAD Services & Document Control (P&IDs, SOP attachments, MFG system drawings, facility and trades drawings).
- 20%- EDMS system and AutoCAD system support.
- 10%- Other miscellaneous engineering tasks (training, metrics tracking, maintain CAD standards and procedures)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to create and modify GMP and non-GMP drawings based on input provided by engineering teams including P&IDs, room classification, trade drawings, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate seating plans, working with space planning and real estate groups
- Coordination of CAD drawing updates between project managers, vendors and construction managers
- Maintain CAD standards (Good Engineering Practice)
- Work closely with various internal functional groups across various sites (locations)
- Support all drawing requests related to regulatory or client audits
- Ensure procedures (SOPs) related to drawing management remain current and up-to-date with best industry practices
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years related industry experience
- Practical knowledge and application of cGMP practices.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing environment
- Competency in AutoCAD, EDMS systems, MS Outlook, MS Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Solid understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail is required
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644568Posted: 2020-05-21