Manufacturing Associate IIProfile Title: Requisition ID:
Reports to: Upstream Manufacturing Supervisor
Group Division: VVS Career Band:
Job Family: Operations Job Sub Family:
Job Code: Job Track:
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals. Location/Division Specific Information
VVS/ Alachua, FL How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Associate II supports cGMP activities to ensure that Brammer Bio provides clients with investigational materials for pre-clinical and clinical use. Roles and responsibilities
- Production (90%)
- Conduct production suite preparation and/or request necessary components and raw materials, labels, etc. to successfully execute production batch records.
- Ensure manufacturing modules operate efficiently in order to meet timelines and schedules through performing required equipment preventive maintenance, calibration, cleaning, as required by SOP and through frequent review of material inventory.
- Perform hands-on activities following detailed protocols, PBRs and SOPs, to complete production runs in an efficient, safe, and correct manner. Document all steps in production runs with minimal errors.
- Support other teams when required.
- Other duties as assigned (10%)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization (biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, biological sciences, virology, molecular biology, or biochemistry).
- Hands on industrial and/or academic laboratory experience with adherent and or suspension cell cultures (icellis, Hyperstacks, bioreactors, Cell Banking, pH and conductivity meter, aseptic operations etc.).
- Working knowledge of modern laboratory procedures. Knowledge of cGMP, large scale separation and purification techniques.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English required as well as effective interpersonal, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong work ethic, desire to be an integral team member and player, and ability to learn quickly and ask question
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, efficiency, and responsibility.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644577Posted: 2020-05-21