L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Associate, Information Security Systems Engineer (Secret Clearance)Job Code: SAS2020204-44713Job Location: Colorado Springs, COJob Description:
- Provide Information Security System Engineering support and technical execution of information security activities associated with the authorization of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) hardened information systems.
- Support Security Engineering activities, including design, testing, configuration, management and maintenance of information systems.
- Assist Program Security Architect in the development of, and CONOPS for, emerging security technologies and proposals.
- Support compliance certification and vulnerability assessments as required.
- Support the evaluation, qualification, testing and delivery of security architecture improvement, obsolescence replacement and vulnerability response projects.
- Support information assurance data collection and continuous monitoring updates for assigned security architectures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience, orBachelor's Degree and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience, orGraduate Degree and 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, and Security Assessment Plans and Procedures (SAPP))
- Experience in the use of security scanning tools (ACAS, SCC, etc.)
- Experience in the use of SEIM/audit reduction tools (e.g., Splunk)
- Experience in securing the Linux/Unix OS and Cisco IOS
- Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of engineering processes
- Firewall concepts & functions
- Authentication, authorization, & access control methods
- Computer networking concepts, protocols, & security methodologies
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements
- Cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools
- Cyber security-enabled software products
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities
- Principles of data flows (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model)
- Information security systems engineering principles (NIST SP 800-160 vol1)
- Principles of defense-in-depth
- Process engineering concepts
- RMF assessment methodology & process
- Application of STIGs
- System life cycle management principles
- System testing and evaluation methods
- Telecommunications network engineering experience
- SIEM content development and administration
- Experience in Cyber Defense technologies
- Understanding of attack / defense scenarios
- Understanding of system vulnerabilities and exploitation
- Ability to obtain/maintain TS//SCI security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.