L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Specialist, Integration and Test EngineerJob Code:SAS20202204-44715Job Location: Palm Bay, FLJob Description:
- Lead integration and test of unfurlable reflectors and solid dish space antenna products. This includes both subassembly and system level assemblies.
- Development of mechanical integration work instructions for use by Engineering Technicians.
- Responsible for manufacturing and test plans.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing products.
- Support assembly processes including implementation of design changes, process improvements, general troubleshooting, and corrective actions. Interface with engineering representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Support Design for Manufacturing and Assembly efforts to drive product simplification.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma tools to identify and develop process optimization opportunities.
- Support production validation through environmental testing and product functional operation including spacecraft level integration and checkout.
- Responsible for leading technician team on the manufacturing, integration and test activities
- Responsible for training, mentoring and leading both technician and engineering team
- Required to work with program leadership team to ensure earned value management milestones are being met and address any variances
- Capture and address nonconformance using root cause corrective action methodology
- Position could entail functional leadership responsibilities including supervisory tasks
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
This is a hands-on manufacturing position and requires knowledge in the area of space assembly and hi-reliability procedures. Supporting activities will include:
- Preparing and conducting Manufacturing Readiness Reviews and Test Readiness Reviews
- Hi Reliability, Mechanical Assembly and Torque, Bonding, and Aerial Platform certifications
- Following engineering drawings and processes
- Mechanical assembly of space hardware
- System level hardware integration
- Preparation for and conducting system level hardware testing (deployments, vibe, etc.)
- Generation of test reports following test activities
- Performing system level alignments to meet system requirements
- Field support for spacecraft integration and precision alignments
- Potential first or second shift support. Potential overtime required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Industrial Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum 6 years of prior experience in a manufacturing or integration environment. Graduate degree or equivalent with minimum 4 years of prior related experience.
- 4+ years of experience with product integration and test.
- Ability and desire to work 2nd shift is desired.
- Exceptional mechanical skills
- Computer skills including MS Windows and office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project)
- Ability to lead a team up to 10 people on manufacturing, integration and test activities
- Ability to work up to 30 feet on an elevated platform
- Exposure to Earned Value Management process and Variance Reporting
- Experience with space and/or aerospace hardware, space environments
- Experience with process improvement tools including Lean, Six Sigma, 5S or Kaizen
- Experience with precision mechanical measurement and assembly tools
- Experience and desire to perform functional management duties such as supporting hiring, employee review cycle, and strategic department
- Experience in Manufacturing/Operations leadership capacity (i.e. Group Lead, IPT Lead, PE, cost account manager)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.