Buffers and Media (BAM) Technician 1
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO How will you make an impact?
The candidate will be responsible for the routine performance of operations in support of the manufacture of commercial and clinical biologics. These support activities consist of environmental cleaning and formulations of buffers and media per established standard operations procedures and in compliance with cGMP documentation practices. What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Preparing for and execution of manufacturing batch records, work instructions, and/or SOPs, with focus on "right the first time" executions.
- Documentation of all activities to meet cGMP requirements. Maintain cGMP compliance in assigned work and follow all safety procedures, to include the use of Person Protective Equipment.
- Complete preventative maintenance and work notification tasks on time. Equipment testing and routine trouble-shooting of process and analytical equipment.
- Run in-process analytical testing as necessary
- Maintain up to date training records
- Participate in other required activities (perform safety inspections, participate in improvement projects, etc.)
- Participate in shift exchanges, 1-1's, meetings, attend meetings as necessary to facilitate area needs based on changes, etc. (lean activities)
- High school diploma/GED minimally required.Associate degree or higher a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience in a clean room and/or GMP environment preferred.
- SAP or Inventory Management experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently on routine tasks, needing supervision or support to resolve complex issues
- Ability to use standard computer programs such a MS Excel, Word, and Access
- Understanding 'why' and not just the 'how' of processes and practices
- Knowledge of cGMP practices, aseptic techniques, or chemical concepts seen as a plus
- Mechanical Skills/ Analytical Skills/Method Automation
- MS Office
- Strong math skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Detail oriented
- Results driven
- Safety Mindset
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Able to understand and carry out instructions
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Effectively multi-task
- Able to work in an environment of change
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to recognize problems developing, not just occurring
- Occasional heavy lifting or moving required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 556644635Posted: 2020-05-21