Laboratory Services Amb - EnonShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary:
Performs routine and complex laboratory analyses, identifies and corrects problems within the scope of training and education. Stays current in laboratory theory and techniques, and assumes responsibility for problem solving. Requires exercise of independent judgment and interpretation. Works under the supervision of the manager and the technical guidance of the lead technologist. Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Requirements:
- Performs and reports waived, moderately complex, and highly complex testing as defined by CLIA.
- Uses set protocols and guidelines and independent judgment to evaluate the credibility and accuracy of test results.
- Records, reviews, releases test results in the LIS. Utilizes computer reports for optimal turnaround times and productivity.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots clinical laboratory analyzers and equipment within the scope of training including: routine preventative maintenance, reagent preparation, calibrations, and safety checks.
- Keeps appropriate persons informed of instrument problems and resolutions.
- Remains current in the field through completion of all mandatory competencies and training modules, regular review of departmental policies and procedures and participation in continuing education opportunities.
- Able to assist in training new staff and students under the lead tech's supervision.
- Performs and records all quality control.
- Evaluates the results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated.
- Keeps appropriate persons informed of ongoing problems and resolution of problems under lead tech supervision.
- Accessions and processes specimens in preparation for testing and transit.
- Evaluates samples for acceptability.
- Demonstrates competency in obtaining blood specimens by venipuncture or skin puncture within scope of training.
- Performs customer service duties, including answering and directing phone calls, relaying and faxing test results, troubleshooting specimen problems including missing orders and specimens.
- Fields customer complaints/concerns and addresses as necessary.
- 4-year Degree (Medical Lab Technologist)/Vocational Degree (Medical Lab Scientist) in Clinical Laboratory Science
- MLT Certification or eligible
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Laboratory Services Amb - Enon All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 556644638Posted: 2020-05-21